Senior Producer, Windy City Live
WLS TelevisionChicago, IL
Full Time Job
Chicago's #1 television station is looking for a Senior Producer to lead a team of hard working creatives. Windy City LIVE is an award winning one-hour studio-based local show with a live audience. The popular program features topical news, pop culture, celebrity guests and stories that make Chicagoans proud.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced television/digital video producer with management leadership experience and an extensive background in the ''talk'' genre and format. The Senior Producer will not only work with producers day-to-day on show production & segment ideas but also plan / create major show initiatives that best serve the viewership / Chicagoland.
• Managing the day to day editorial vision of WCL, including developing ideas for compelling entertaining and local segments and themed shows
• Responsible for working with producers day-to-day on the editorial content within each show
• Frequent involvement in day of show production
• Support Producers in all aspects of show development and production
• Work closely with the sales and marketing team to develop integrated content
Candidate must be extremely personable, highly organized, comfortable with emerging technology and change, and have a love for Chicago.
• 10 years working in the in the TV industry (5 in Live TV).
• 5 years of management experience.
• Experience in a Control Room environment
• Solid communication skills, highly creative and able to innovate on the fly
• Must be dialed into all things Chicago along with a solid understanding of the city, suburbs and what motivates people to tune in.
• Experience across multi-platforms
The preferred candidate will have extensive knowledge and understanding of all things ''Chicago'', and will demonstrate a passion for the community.
No phone calls please.
Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.