Director of Film, TV and Trailers
Wise MusicSanta Monica, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director of Film, TV and Trailers jobs in Santa Monica-CA
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding professional to join our Publishing Licensing team in Santa Monica.
Required Qualifications / Responsibilities:
- Actively creating and seeking opportunities primarily in Trailer, TV promo, TV and Film media
- Coordinate synch focus tracks; sourcing of publishing, marketing campaign and other relevant information
- Manage and obtain approvals, when necessary, and provide quotes for synchronization requests with an emphasis on Trailers, Films, and Television.
- Initiating the creation of synch version in close coordination with synch team, and manage the recorded music budget for creating synch remixes & edits
- Assist department VP and Sr. Director with clearance and quotes for major Trailers, TV, Film and Game clients and other media sectors.
- Sourcing of audio assets, like instrumentals/TV versions
- Work with various departments and affiliates to ascertain rights and assets.
- Help department dealmakers with client requests and update internal licensing database.
- Coordinate with master and publishing counterparts on shared master/publishing requests.
- Analyze, review and resolve revision requests with clients.
- Monitor and pursue license fee collections.
- Maintain synchronization licensing database, such as logs, files and deals.
- Attend meetings and conferences both within and outside the Company relative to the department's operation.
- Performing such other duties as reasonably may be required.
- Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
- Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Understanding of US and international copyright basics, key digital music issues and trends in rights management, including collective rights organizations and publisher / label relationships.
- Knowledge of general business practices; demonstrate a high level of customer service engagement, both via email and phone.
- Keeping Head Office updated on synch activity on a weekly basis.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in music licensing, data analysis, and rights management with an international focus
- Ability to efficiently and accurately resolve license issues.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, work independently, within a team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- High level of professional communication etiquette with ability to effectively interact with clients to finalize licenses and collection of fees.
- Strong organization skills, high attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Excel; knowledge of Counterpoint/iMaestro, Salesforce is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary as well as health and dental insurance and enrollment in our company's 401k plan.
Wise Music Group. / G. Schirmer Inc. (Music Sales) is a leading independent music publisher with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Paris, Barcelona, Tokyo, Copenhagen, and Sydney. Home to a vast catalog spanning both pop and classical music, Wise Music functions as a full-service music publisher and copyright administrator with a focus on promoting and exploiting their copyrights in the film, television and advertising world. The Los Angeles office offers a one-stop shop for music professionals, providing everything from publishing services and music supervision to songwriting and production.