Director - Creative Synchronization Licensing
Wise MusicSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding professional to join our Publishing Licensing team in Santa Monica.
Required Qualifications / Responsibilities:
- Manage and obtain approvals, when necessary, and provide quotes for synchronization requests with an emphasis on Trailers, Films, and Television.
- Assist department VP and Sr. Director with clearance and quotes for major Trailers, TV, Film and Game clients and other media sectors.
- Work with various departments and affiliates to ascertain rights and assets.
- Help department dealmakers with client requests and update internal licensing database.
- Coordinate with master and publishing counterparts on shared master/publishing requests.
- Analyze, review and resolve revision requests with clients.
- Monitor and pursue license fee collections.
- Maintain synchronization licensing database, such as logs, files and deals.
- Attend meetings and conferences both within and outside the Company relative to the department's operation.
- Performing such other duties as reasonably may be required.
- Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
- Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Understanding of US and international copyright basics, key digital music issues and trends in rights management, including collective rights organizations and publisher / label relationships.
- Knowledge of general business practices; demonstrate a high level of customer service engagement, both via email and phone.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in music licensing, data analysis, and rights management with an international focus.
- Ability to efficiently and accurately resolve license issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, within a team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- High level of professional communication etiquette with ability to effectively interact with clients to finalize licenses and collection of fees.
- Strong organization skills, high attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Excel; knowledge of Counterpoint/iMaestro, Salesforce is a plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online