Intern - Publicity
Weller Media AgencyBrooklyn, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
All clients are different and each project we work on is tailored to their specific needs. As such the work we do as an agency varies widely and covers various elements of publicity: campaign strategy and planning, creative ideas and PR stunts, strategic media partnerships, analytics and reporting, and more. This internship would therefore involve exposure to a variety of activities and you will be working directly with the publicity team in New York.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience at an exciting, young company where you will be given exposure to a broad range of tasks including:
• Client campaigns
• Preparing presentations and client documents
• Managing weekly publicity campaign reports
• Drafting press releases / media alerts
• Curating editorial content
• Monitoring media coverage on clients
• Keeping up to date with the latest news stories online and reporting to the wider team
• Researching content ideas and supporting the team on the development of strategies
What support will I be given?
• Weekly meetings with the Site Supervisor in addition to daily support from the wider US PR team
• Opportunity to connect with entry level - seasoned employees in each department of the agency
What benefits can I expect to gain from the experience?
• The chance to gain insight into working in a dynamic and fast moving industry
• The opportunity to develop valuable communication, time management, and organizational skills
• Gain understanding of publicity and the music industry
What skills or experience do I need?
• A passion for music, news, and social media
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
• Highly organized and motivated
• Attention to detail
• Enthusiastic with can-do attitude
• Must have your own computer
• Must have previous music / P R internship experience
• Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 months
•ASAP - Spring 2020
• This is an unpaid internship in New York City
• School credit offered if enrolled in an undergraduate program
WMA exists to create impactful results for its partners across the digital space. We connect brands, artists and audiences through the convergence of digital media, from music and entertainment, to lifestyle and technology. The WMA network is highly experienced and extends globally, with bases in London, New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, and Melbourne to provide a fully integrated digital service. By building strong relationships and original engagements, we work to create something truly memorable for our clients.
WMA has a team of PR specialists working across the music, brand and entertainment space. We work closely with clients to create bespoke and tailored campaigns on and offline that generate real impact.
We are obsessed with pop culture and being ahead of the curve within the ever-evolving online world. Our approach is strategic, creative and results are achieved through our renowned relationships with the music and media industries.
No unsolicited resumes for paid full-time positions or other departments at the agency. Applicants who do not fulfill the base requirements will immediately be disqualified. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online