PR Manager, Entertainment
Weissman/Markovitz CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for PR Manager, Entertainment jobs in Los Angeles-CA
ROLE: PR Manager, Entertainment
Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Job (Hybrid/Remote)
Weissman/Markovitz Communications, a long-standing public relations and marketing communications firm that works with many top studios, networks, Hollywood labor guilds and independent films, is seeking an Manager of Publicity, to join our team. This position calls for a reliable, organized, detail-oriented team player to play a key role in collaborating with executives and team members for strategy and implementation of various publicity efforts.
The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of experience in PR, preferably in entertainment. We are looking for someone who is passionate about entertainment/pop-culture, extremely detail-oriented, can multi-task in a fast paced environment and will keep the client's goals and objectives a priority.
Our clients include the Art Directors Guild, the International Cinematographers Guild, Make-Up Artists and Hairstylists Guild, as well as many television and international/independent films. We also work on several high-profile non-profit charity events each year.
Office Environment: We currently operate virtually with meetings one day each week at our shared office space in Encino. Appropriate office equipment, supplies and reimbursement will be provided.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Develop and execute publicity outreach plans and identify media targets
• Draft press materials including press releases, pitches, and more with superior writing skills and impact
• Contribute and research media databases/contacts by sharing updates, changes and additions
• Lead outreach with support from the team and maintain strong press relationships
• Oversee selection and distribution or releases, photography and video content
• Monitor client's web presence including social media and news mentions with reporting and clippings
• Curate and publish social media content and develop content calendars for various clients (Facebook/Meta Business Suite, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
• Collaborate with teams to produce seamless execution of top-tier campaigns and red carpet events
• Be point of contact at red carpets and events
• Coordinate between clients and internal team
WHAT YOU OFFER:
• 2-4 years of proven Public Relations experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations or related field preferred
• Located in the Los Angeles metro area - This position is currently remote, and it will have in-person requirements
• Must have reliable transportation
• Works well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, able to juggle multiple projects and remain calm under pressure
• Candidate should be assertive, proactive and a team player
• Exercise good judgment, flexibility, adaptability, resourcefulness and strong organizational/time management skills
• High attention to detail while being organized and creative
• Strong understanding of various PR platforms (Critical Mention, Cision, MailChimp, etc.) and computer skillset including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and cloud-based file platforms. Photoshop desired.
• Preferably has strong knowledge of gathering social media analytics and preparing clear executive summary reports and insights