Weissman/Markovitz CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Weissman/Markovitz Communications, a long-standing public relations and marketing communications firm that works with many top studios, networks, and independent films, is seeking an Account Coordinator, to join our team. This position calls for a reliable, organized, detail-oriented team player to play a key role in supporting multiple level executives as well as the entire office.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked or interned in a PR agency, is phone savvy, extremely detail-oriented, and can multi-task in a face paced environment. Room for growth; a qualified candidate would ideally advance to a more senior position.
Our clients include Art Directors Guild, the International Cinematographers Guild, Make-Up Artists and Hairstylists Guild, as well as many independent films.
• 1-2 years of work or internship experience at a public relations or other marketing services agency
• Bachelors degree is a must
• High attention to detail as well as ability to prioritize, problem solve, and meet deadlines
• Tech savvy and proficient with Mac, MS Office, Excel, Acrobat, Cision, Photoshop, and Powerpoint
• Well-versed in digital strategies and social networking
• Must be willing to work some nights and some weekends for events
• Reliable transportation
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist with PR efforts including distributing press releases, building media lists, research, etc.
• Daily monitoring of print and online publications to identify client media coverage.
• Compile and distribute press breaks and reports
• Update press lists using Cision and Excel
• Assist with calendar listings and film festival submissions
• Assist awards department with awards submissions, credit breakdowns, and other tasks as needed.
• Assist team at press and client events
• Screen/answer phone calls, maintain executive and office calendars, coordinate staff and client meetings, prepare expense reports, assist with projects as needed.
• Manage vendor relations for office such as ordering office supplies, maintaining office equipment, keeping office organized.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online