Social Media and Community Manager
Wayfarer StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Livestream/Twitch/YouTube Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media and Community Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Social Media and Community Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Social Media and Community Manager? Social Media Community Manager will be responsible for day-to-day content production and channel management across all COMPANY-owned channels including CELEBRITY-owned channels, with a focus on engaging and growing audiences on social media. It is imperative that this role be able to manage the message, tone, and content across each social platform, and to broaden engagement of COMPANY & CELEBRITY's fans through creative, well-produced and well-timed content. This person will create and maintain a COMPANY Social and Marketing Calendar that will reflect all Company Efforts, Projects, and Events which will include coordinating with other departments. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of how people digest and engage with social content, an eye for detail, and stay up-to-date on emerging platforms, industry trends, and best practices.
This is a full-time position based in our WeHo office.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in and often take the lead on the ideation and production of social content and campaigns.
- Be a key contributor to day-to-day social publishing and write in the defined voice and tone of team accounts.
- Help strategize a social calendar
- Assist with paid media advertising
- Community management - engage with users, respond to comments and questions
- Create graphics and short-form video content for team social channels.
- Demonstrate news/social/media judgment to curate, prioritize, and publish posts that are consistent with the Company and Celebrity's brand message, but also with an eye to expand and engage the Company's & Celebrity's audience.
- Monitor and assess content/channel performance analytics, report progress to goals and KPIs to leadership team, and recommend solutions or new types of content based on previous performance.
- Monitor trends in organic, branded, and paid social media, all to inform a point-of-view and recommendation on how to best incorporate them into Wayfarer Studios content strategies when relevant.
Your Background, Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in content creation/social media marketing with demonstrable results
- Deep understanding of how major social platforms work (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Tik Tok, etc.), and the ability to use each platform's features effectively
- Strong visual eye with regard to the creation and curation of graphics, photography, and video for social publishing
- Passion for storytelling, entertainment, and social change
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Design skills a plus
- Experience with social listening and analytics tools is preferred (CrowdTangle, TrackMaven, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Google Suite
- Strong copywriting/editing skills
- Closed captioning/transcribing experience
- Willingness and ability to certain nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Self-starter, data-driven thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to collaborate in a team-based culture.
- Experience working with a celebrity.
About Wayfarer Studios: We create purpose-driven, multi-platform film and television productions that elevate and speak to the human spirit. We are a home for creators and fresh voices, debunking the typical studio model by producing stories that serve as true agents for social change. We embrace and champion social impact storytelling rooted in authenticity, sincerity, and passion. Our work highlights inspiration, unity, and the power of human connection.