Staff Writer (Bilingual/Chinese)
Wavelets Entertainment, Inc.Pasadena, CA
Full Time Job
Office Location: Los Angeles, California
Date posted: September 2021
Wavelets Entertainment, Inc., is a production company funded by China's Alibaba and Media Asia that develops feature films and television series for China's fast-growing market.
Wavelets is looking for Mandarin-speaking staff writers to join us in web series script-development.
- Working along the rest of the creative team in project-planning and creating documents including characters' bio, outlines etc.
- Brainstorming and creating beatsheets, episodic outlines, step outlines etc.
- Write, rewrite and polish episodes
- Participate in table reading sessions and making edits based on the team's feedback
This role will take place remotely as a result of Covid-19.
- At least 18 years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Proficient in Mandarin Chinese (able to read, write and speak) and English
- Proficient with Final Draft and Google Suite
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Positive attitude and receptive to development notes and offers creative input
- Willing to help in any manner possible, does not allow their work and duties to be defined by the job title
- Passionate about the Chinese culture with a strong interest in the Chinese film and television market
- Familiar with the latest online movies and web series in China with a strong sense of the current trends and understands the younger Chinese audience's needs
- Experience working in a TV writers' room
- Bachelor's or master's degree in screenwriting and/or creative writing
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online