Staff Writer (Bilingual/Chinese)
Wavelets Entertainment, Inc.Pasadena, CA
Full Time Job
Wavelets Entertainment, Inc., is a production company funded by China's Alibaba and Media Asia that develops feature films and television series for China's fast-growing market. Wavelets is looking for bilingual Chinese / English TV staff writers to join our writers' room.
- Read and research for web series that would fit Chinese audience
- Brainstorm and break stories in the writers' room on a daily basis
- Write, rewrite and polish story outlines and teleplays in Mandarin Chinese
- Provide notes on literary materials generated for the project
- Attend creative meetings with other writers development executives
- At least 18 years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Able to provide your own housing and transportation in Los Angeles
- Able to read, write and speak in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Proficient with Final Draft and Google Suite
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Positive attitude and receptive to development notes and creative feedback
- Willing to help in any manner possible, does not allow their work and duties to be defined by the job title
- Passionate about the Chinese culture
- Familiar with the various Chinese streaming platforms
- Familiar with the latest online movies and web series in China
- Experience working in a TV writers' room
- Bachelor's or master's degree in screenwriting and/or creative writing
Compensation competitive / TBD. This is a non-WGA project. This is a long term position with benefits.
Wavelets Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, sexual orientation, age (40 or older), disability, or protected veteran status.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online