Intern - Creative Development
Wavelets Entertainment, Inc.Remote, US
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Office Location: Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: September, 2021
Wavelets Entertainment, Inc. is a production company funded by China's Alibaba and Media Asia. Wavelets is responsible for developing television series and feature films for China's streaming market.
Wavelets is seeking individuals from various colleges with creative backgrounds to join the team starting September 2021 and ending January 2022, or any time in between. Interesting and challenging tasks await you.
- Receive training on industrial knowledge
- Read scripts and write coverages
- Conduct creative research for the company's potential projects
- Assist in the writers' room
- Translate materials from English to Chinese and from Chinese to English
- Take meeting notes
- Assist in general company operations (not applicable during Covid-19 restrictions)
This internship will take place remotely as a result of Covid-19 and will not include on-set work.
- At least 18 years of age
- Prior development experience
- Able to commit at least 20 hours per week
- Able to receive school credits for your internship
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Proficient in both Chinese and English (able to read, write and speak)
- Education in screenwriting or media preferred
- Previous experience at a production company or writers' room
- Experience in writing scripts or script coverages for television projects
- Fast reader and typer: Able to read 30 pages/hour and type 70 WPM
The internship opportunity is unpaid, compensated via school credits. Lunch will be reimbursed.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter and a script coverage (less than 5 pages).
Wavelets Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment or internship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online