Social Media Video Producer
Washington WizardsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates six professional sports teams: 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, WNBA's 2019 Champion Washington Mystics, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, the 2021 & 2020 NBA 2K League Champion Wizards District Gaming and Caps Gaming, an esports sub-brand of the Capitals. Additionally, it holds a significant investment in a seventh team, Team Liquid, an endemic esports team owned and operated by aXiomatic.
In September 2022, MSE acquired full ownership of NBC Sports Washington from Comcast and NBCUniversal and now holds the exclusive local television media rights to Capitals' and Wizards' games. The integration is underway including extensive renovations to a new, pioneering production and broadcasting space to deliver seamless experiences on linear and digital platforms for fans. Under the terms of the agreement, MSE also acquired Comcast and NBCUniversal's remaining interest in Monumental Sports Network, a first-of-its-kind regional sports network for digital, mobile and over-the-top platforms that launched in 2016.
Monumental Sports owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA), a 20,000 capacity live event venue in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus.
In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in Entertainment & Sports Arena (ESA), in Southeast D.C. on the St. Elizabeth's East campus which opened in September 2018. ESA houses the MedStar Health Performance Center, the training center for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the home of the Mystics and Go-Go.
In July 2020, MSE opened the first ever in-arena sportsbook in North America, through a partnership with then William Hill (now Caesars Entertainment), with a temporary location set-up within the COA lobby. The permanent location for the Caesars Sportsbook by William Hill opened within COA in May 2021.
And in January 2022, MSE announced it would be opening District E, powered by Ticketmaster, in the first quarter of 2023. This flagship venue for esports and entertainment is the largest on the East Coast: a premier, nearly 14,000-square-foot live-event theater offering a 365-day-a-year, series of immersive experiences in esports, music, event programming, and community events – along with pre- and post-event activations for fans attending Capitals and Wizards games or events. This space will entertain hundreds for independent events, offer an extraordinary culinary experience, and will create a best-in-class competition and training venue for the MSE esports franchises which it owns, operates, and invests in.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Social Media Producer is responsible for ideating, producing, and driving social first content across Washington Wizards social media platforms, focusing on internet trends, storytelling, and vertical video. This position will drive content creation while uncovering new, engaging ways to interact with and grow our audience.
Do you have a love for creating social media content and a passion for sports? We'd love to hear from you!
• Conceptualize, plan, create, and publish engaging content including vertical video, memes, marketing and sales initiatives. Plus real-time reactionary content for games and team events.
• Demonstrate creativity while driving content ideation and strategy across TikTok, Reels, and Snapchat programming.
• Collaborate with Digital and Productions teams on implementing new social first content ideas and opportunities.
• Monitor social media news and trends to identify new content opportunities, relevant to sports and pop culture.
• Optimize new and existing content with the goal of driving performance on social platforms.
• Support game day/night coverage of all home and road games in addition to team events, inclusive of capturing and editing video content.
• Place a strong emphasis on growing social engagement, followers, and league rankings on all platforms.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2 years of experience in social media content creation.
• Deep understanding of TikTok/Reels style editing and curation.
• Experienced content editing and creation skills using Adobe Photoshop and Premiere.
• Strong social media proficiency – always online across TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Snapchat.
• Deep awareness and understanding of social media trends, memes, pop culture, and viral content.
• Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills & organization skills.
• Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Knowledgeable about NBA players and teams; experience in professional sports is helpful.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.