Manager, Membership Services
Washington WizardsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: This position is directly responsible for all revenue goals associated with an assigned account base of existing season ticket holders. The Manager, Membership Services position will prioritize establishing relationships by providing world-class service, learning about and developing relationships with account holders, and delivering excellent communication regarding events, programs, and benefits to the team's season ticket holders.
• Improve year over year fan experience.
• Meet and exceed retention and associated revenue goals with assigned account base.
• Present oneself as the key go-to-person for assigned account base.
• Sell upgrades, add-ons, and referrals to existing account base.
• Build strong working relationships through active communication, including seat visits, phone calls, emails, and other relevant communication channels.
• Make a minimum of forty out bound calls per day.
• Maintain up to date knowledge and effectively communicate all team happenings, events, plan holder benefits relevant to assigned account base.
• Pro-actively respond and resolve customer complaints, requests, and inquiries from assigned account base; handle difficult fans and situations in a calm and professional manner.
• Meet and exceed assigned service levels and standards.
• Ensure plan holder information and data are accurate and complete for assigned accounts.
• Assist in developing and delivering customized programs, events, and benefits to drive loyalty within assigned account base.
• Work closely with Ticket Sales, Ticket Operations, Marketing, Community Relations, Basketball Operations, Arena Staff, Game Operations, PR, and Sponsorship to execute integrated programs.
• Assist in arranging special events for the department. Includes mailing invitations, tracking RSVP's, as well as organizing event set up.
• Work all Wizards home games in conjunction with Capital One Arena Guest Services.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Experience in service/hospitality, sales, and event management (1-3years).
• Relationship Builder.
• Excellent Communication Skills- interpersonal, verbal, and written.
• Problem solver, creative, detail oriented, and a team player.
• Basic knowledge of Archtics Ticketing System.
• Experience with SalesForce plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you currently work for Monumental Sports & Entertainment? Yes/No
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, DC, and named a 2018 Washington Post Top Workplace, is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the AFL's Baltimore Brigade and 2018 AFL CHAMPION Washington Valor, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League's Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL STANLEY CUP CHAMPION Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. The District of Columbia and Events DC are building a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth's East campus which will feature a state-of-the art training practice facility for the Wizards and also include a 4,200-seat arena which will become the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. The facility is scheduled to open in the fall of 2018. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region's top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit our website.