Manager, Inside Sales
Washington WizardsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League's Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth's East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region's top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: Responsible for assisting the Ticket Sales leadership team in the recruitment, training, and day-to-day management of the Inside Sales staff in a continuing effort to generate maximum revenue through the sale of full season, partial season, and group ticket plans.
Do you have sales and service experience and looking to grow your career in sales management? We would love to hear from you!
• In conjunction with the Ticket Sales leadership team, run the day-to-day operations for the Wizards Inside Sales staff.
• Assist the Ticket Sales leadership team in recruiting and identifying potential Inside Sales representative candidates, as well as assist in the training process for new Inside Sales representatives.
• Join the Inside Sales representatives on sales calls and appointments to coach on and assist with the sales process where applicable.
• Monitor volume of outbound phone calls, face-to-face appointments, and reporting of sales results for the Inside Sales department.
• Use proactive tactics to build new sales opportunities.
• Establish professional relationships to build repeat business.
• Work home games for the purpose of leading Inside Sales representatives, servicing customers, and performing other miscellaneous game night duties as needed.
• Assist in leading all aspects of the MSE sales partnership with Georgetown University.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum of 3 years successful ticket sales experience with a pro or college sports team.
• At least 1 year of successful sales management experience preferred.
• Must possess a bold, driven, and dedicated attitude.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Passionate about building and continuing a sales career in the sports industry.
• Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Basic proficiency with computers and MS Office programs.
• Experience with Archtics and TicketMaster is helpful, but not required.