Game Night Staff: Social Media, Spanish Language Specialist
Washington WizardsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League's Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in DC. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth's East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region's top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Social Media, Spanish Language Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Wizards digital strategy, content creation, and related graphic design efforts on a variety of projects across all Wizards Spanish language digital and social media platforms. We are seeking a candidate who has a love for social media and a passion for sports, entertainment, music, and pop culture.
Are you a fluent Spanish speaker, enjoy creating content, producing original graphics, and are passionate about supporting the Wizards? We would love to hear from you!
• Lead day-to-day posting on the Washington Wizards Spanish language social media platforms with a focus on Instagram and Twitter.
• Manage live coverage of all Wizards games on Spanish language social platforms.
• Collaborate with internal teams to develop and manage weekly social publishing calendars.
• Develop and build content ideas to support partnership pitches and planned marketing campaigns.
• Optimize content for each social platform in terms of sizing, relevance, and timing.
• Support game day/night coverage for all team games and events.
• Monitor fan comments, messages, questions, etc.
• Research trends for social media use.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Fluent in Spanish and English both written and verbal, with experience translating.
• Experience managing professional social media accounts; podcast production experience a plus.
• Strong content editing and creation skills using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Illustrator.
• Knowledgeable about NBA players and teams; experience in professional sports is helpful.
• Knowledgeable about the DC sports media and social media landscape.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Dedicated, hard-working, diligent and resourceful.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.