Associate, Monumental Basketball Operations
Washington WizardsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2021 6:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Associate, Monumental Basketball Operations jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Associate, Monumental Basketball Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate, Monumental Basketball Operations?
Full Time Job
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League's Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth's East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region's top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Associate, Monumental Basketball - Operations position will support the work of numerous departments in a fast-paced and dynamic environment across Monumental Basketball. This person will be an active contributor to the day-to-day operations of the Operations team where you will work conduct the platform's team operations, logistics and administration in support of the Wizards, Mystics, and Go-Go.
Are you familiar with team operations within a basketball context and are looking to build your career in sports? We would love to hear from you!
• Coordinate operations at MWPC and work with team operations leads, including scheduling, messaging, and logistics.
• Connect with dining and nutritional staff to coordinate teams' dining needs at practice facility.
• Build excel tools and processes to improve the budget, facilities, administration and equipment operations within Monumental Basketball.
• Standardize and craft processes for Monumental Basketball team operations needs, in coordination with MSE as a whole as well as each team's individual needs.
• Design and execute systems to track department processes, projects, meetings, and activities.
• Support the Operations department on the platform's team operations, logistics, and administration.
• Assist with game day responsibilities, including pre-game setup, in-game statistical charting and post-game analysis reporting.
• Work collaboratively with the Monumental Basketball operations groups on projects as needed.
• Direct and support fellow Monumental Basketball Associates on projects throughout the year.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Basic knowledge of team operations within a basketball context.
• Good analytical reasoning and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong time management and organizational skills.
• High integrity; dependable and comfortable working with confidential information.
• Strong work ethic, detail driven, creative, positive demeanor, and eagerness to learn.
• Strong people skills and enjoys collaborating with a team as part of something bigger than yourself.
• Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• This position is a full-time non-exempt one-year entry level associate program to support the Washington Wizards and Monumental Basketball.