Sr. Manager, Client Retention
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Executive Director, Client Services and Operations, the Sr. Manager, Client Retention is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Membership Services Account Executive staff. The Sr. Manager, Client Retention is also responsible for the successful delivery of all service and sales event operation activities for our Season Plan Holders. The continued retention and growth of our Season Plan Holder base is the primary standard of achievement in this position. In addition to managing the Ticket Service staff, all retention and sales related activities for our Season Plan Holders will be designed, developed and executed by the Sr. Manager, Client Retention.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage a team of Membership Service Account Executives while maintaining superior levels of customer service to all Nationals fans.
• Establish and execute a renewal/upgrade program as well as a touch point plan for all first year Season Plan Holders.
• Create aggressive monthly sales campaigns to drive new revenues from our current season ticket base.
• Develop monthly sales and service trainings for the Account Executives, Membership Services.
• Work with the Executive Director, Client Services and Operations to develop a sales and service timeline around renewal/new business campaigns.
• Act as main point person for all season ticket holders and Nationals staff for Rewards program, including sending electronic updates as needed.
• Assist in developing and updating the Red Carpet Rewards Program.
• Work game day events to service and assist customers with membership program issues and concerns.
• Work directly with Ticket Operations and customers to fulfill Red Carpet Rewards program requests.
• Manage any reporting associated with Membership program.
• Oversee and schedule comprehensive office responsibilities and participate in required game day duties.
• Supervisory responsibilities also include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, in addition to addressing complaints and resolving issues.
• Develop a world class sales and service culture within the Account Executives, Membership Services team.
• Executes supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, as well as applicable laws.
• Work in conjunction with the Executive Director, Client Services and Operations to plan and deliver the highest quality special events for Season Plan Holders.
• Train and develop the Account Executives, Membership Services to understand all of the technology such as ProVenue, InSite, CRM and Portal Admin to help their sales and customer service efforts.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director, Client Services and Operations.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree in a field of general business and/or related to business management, public relations, and hospitality.
• Minimum of 3-7 years industry related experience.
• Minimum of 3-4 years client management experience in service and sales.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
• Understands the need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data.
• An effective communicator orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet manipulation.
• Ability to learn and master new software programs including Tickets.com and Microsoft CRM.
• Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well-presented documents.
• Ability to operate under pressure.
• Proficient with basic budget management and calculations.
• Ability to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
• Ability to travel around the ballpark visiting clients during home games with the ability to escort clients.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
• Strong ability to create and thrive in a team environment.
• Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.