Manager, Video & Broadcast Engineering
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
The Manager, Video & Broadcast Engineering is responsible for assisting with the management of the infrastructure of the broadcast, production, post-production, entertainment and related technology systems at Nationals Park.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the supervision of the Sr. Director, Video and Broadcast Engineering, manage the installation, operation, training, maintenance, service and repair of broadcast, production, post-production and entertainment technology
• Maintain control room systems, sound systems, edit systems, storage devices and production equipment.
• Manage repairs and upgrades to all control room, editing and storage systems
• Manage technical aspects of game day broadcasts
• Manage television camera placements, seat kills, signage and television truck parking in coordination with Ticket Sales, Ballpark Operations and Communications
• Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and production processes
• Technical support for both Nationals games and non-game events
• Technical resource for other departments and business units as needed
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in broadcast or venue control room production
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with production switchers, routers, conversion, video servers, replays, etc.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with large screen display systems
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with large venue sound systems
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with network infrastructures
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
• Working knowledge of broadcast trucks
• Working knowledge of fiber and satellite transmission processes
• Working knowledge of professional video cameras and interchangeable lens systems
• Working knowledge of experience with professional lighting, grip and audio equipment
• Ability to terminate HD-SDI, Ethernet, audio cables, etc. a plus
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize jobs on short notice, and establish and manage priorities
• Available to work long irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
• Strong teamwork and relationship building skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• Professional baseball and/or other professional sports production experience
• Work will require weekend and evening work
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue
• May work at heights
• Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and climb up/down stairs
• The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.