Manager, Network Operations
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 8/15/2021 5:28:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Manager, Network Operations jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Manager, Network Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Network Operations?
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, the Manager, Network Operations is primarily responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing upkeep of all core technology systems maintained by the Enterprise IT Department utilizing a mixture of on-prem and cloud technologies spanning various geographic locations and vendor platforms. In addition, the Manager proposes and implements cross-discipline technical strategies and provides mentoring to the entire Network Operations team. Further responsibilities of the Manager include taking ownership for the technical design and implementation aspects of assigned technology projects, serving as the senior escalation point for all technical issues and collaborating with Senior Management in establishing standards and procedures. The Manager is expected to be intimately familiar with all Enterprise technology systems so they may proactively identify opportunities for improvement and make associated recommendations to Senior Management.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a member of the IT Management team representing the interests and communications channel for the department's Network Operations function.
• Oversee the development, execution/publishing, and ongoing maintenance of procedural documentation, contracts and other documents as required.
• Design, implement and maintain network, server, storage, voice and security solutions, which comprise the Enterprise technology core infrastructure.
• Ensure robust, resilient, scalable, high-performing technology systems across the Enterprise, which are capable of supporting all business objectives.
• Collaborate with the other members of the IT Department to successfully lead Enterprise technology projects to completion on time and within budget.
• Identify opportunities for improvement within Enterprise technology systems and make recommendations to Senior Management based on observations and industry best practices.
• Manage and Mentor the Network Operations team during day-to-day operations.
• Monitor Enterprise technology systems' performance using appropriate tools and subsequently troubleshoot and resolve any issues.
• Serve as senior escalation point for all technical issues.
• Collaborate with Senior Management in establishing departmental operational and system standards and procedures.
• Respond to and resolve all support requests/inquiries in a timely fashion utilizing established procedures and escalations.
• Collaborate with internal and external resources as necessary to achieve desired results.
• Develop and maintain documentation including, but not limited to, standard operating procedures, equipment installation methodologies, project plans and environment configurations.
• Become intimately familiar with and adhere to company and departmental operating policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must effectively and efficiently communicate with other members of the IT Department and other business units at all levels of the Organizational Chart to provide support; interact with the user community in a professional, courteous and helpful manner; and interact with outside technology hardware, software and support vendors.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related technology discipline or equivalent business or military experience
• Minimum of 5 years hands on experience with Network Engineering and System Administration
• Minimum of 2 years hands on staff management experience
• Relevant industry recognized certifications
• Experience working in a decentralized multi-site organization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
• Successful experience in working with customers to develop effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
• Strong knowledge of technology infrastructure design, planning and implementation
• Familiarity with diverse technology platforms and their applicability to various requirements and environments
• Ability to independently assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
• Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
• Extraordinary organizational and prioritization skills
• Capable of following instructions and responds well to direction
• Sensitive to deadlines and completes tasks on time
• Ability to utilize good judgement to anticipate needs and complete tasks
• Efficient at multitasking in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Well suited for participation in multidisciplinary, high-performance work teams
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, short correspondence and memos
• Proficient at typing and in the use of computer software programs
• Capable of documenting all duties performed in relevant systems using clear and detailed language
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together
• Position will primarily require employee to report to the Tower Oaks location in Rockville, MD and the Nationals Park location in Washington, DC; occasionally site visits or offsite meetings at other locations will be required to successfully perform job functions.
• Typical Environment: Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
• Occasional: Maintenance: Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat, extreme cold, noise, hazards and atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation). Working at heights on ladders, lifts, scaffolding or similar may be required.
• Work will require occasional weekend and/or evening work, including on-call and onsite Day of Game support which are rotated with other members of the Information Technology department on a pre-established schedule.
• All members of the IT Department are considered ''Critical Personnel'' and have responsibilities during weather and other emergencies.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.