Manager, Administration and Vip Services
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
We are looking for a dynamic, organized, high energy candidate to work in a fast paced professional environment. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting C-level executives and have experience-managing people.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Manager, Administration and VIP Services is responsible for supporting the C-level executive and supervising the Office Services/VIP teams. S/he has a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage external contacts, proactively understanding who they are, which are priority contacts and keep track of periodic communication needed for priority contacts.
• Anticipate the needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing issues.
• Coordinate and facilitate meetings.
• Manage the daily schedule, ensuring the Senior Vice President knows their schedule 24 hours in advance and keeping appointments and meetings on time or changing schedules when necessary.
• Develop and maintain a system that alerts upcoming deadlines and incoming requests or events.
• Manage travel arrangements and proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips with various internal functions, including.
• Arrange appropriate travel, visas, agendas and necessary contacts, country information, etc.
• Ensure that various administrative tasks are done in an effective and efficient manner, including composing correspondence, copying, reviewing outside mail, drafting correspondence, screening phone calls. Review Company documents (i.e. invoices, expense reports) for appropriate signatures, form completion, etc. before submission to the Senior Vice President.
• Assist in the organization and administration of the department, including identifying needs and developing procedures, filing systems, supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance when needed.
• Work with Senior Vice President on Postseason coordination and special projects.
• Supervise the VIP Services Coordinator, and the Office Services Department employees (Mailroom Coordinator, Receptionist, and Office Services Coordinator).
• Ensure that all VIP needs met by overseeing the VIP Services Coordinator and providing assistance as needed.
• Make sure comprehensive manual that addresses all VIP needs including policies, procedures and protocol to accomplish and anticipate the needs of VIPs (e.g. tickets, hospitality, player requests and merchandise needs) is maintained.
• Review and approve an accurate inventory of the promotional and giveaway items.
• Review VIP suite menu for each homestand.
• Review guest lists each homestand.
• Approve external communications with VIPs.
• Create and manage the annual Office Services budget.
• Review and approve all pantry and office supplies/equipment purchase requisitions.
• Review and approve weekly office damages list.
• Review and approve monthly telephone list and the on-line front office roster.
• Coordinate office space and supplies for new hires.
• Ensure mailroom run in compliance with MLB rules and regulations.
• Ensure monthly reports submitted to league.
• Coordinate spring training deliveries with operations in Florida.
• Make sure all departments have supplies prior to beginning of homestand.
• Audit pantry and office supply inventory to ensure it is being completed accurately and consistently
• Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with office service vendors, including beverage supplier, package delivery companies and vending machines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent military experience.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience supporting C-level Executives and working with Boards of Directors, necessary.
• Minimum of 3 years management experience in event production or customer service.
• Prior experience in corporate, entertainment and social event management and planning is desired.
• Team and/or sports experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
• Highly proficient in the following software programs: (Word, /Excel/PowerPoint, databases).
• Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities.
• Professional demeanor in all circumstances.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment.
• Proven ability to work independently to achieve accomplishments.
• Exemplary relationship building, communication, writing and verbal skills.
• Mature, energetic with a 'let's roll up our sleeves' attitude.
• Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal team, cross-functional team, and external parties
• Ability to work regular business hours, evenings and/or weekends as needed.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Frequent evening, weekend and holiday work is required.
• Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Experience Preferred Manager Education Preferred Bachelors or better