Intern - Ticket Operations
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Ticket Operations Intern will work closely with the Ticket Operations staff in the selling, printing, and distribution of single & group tickets, season packages, and special ticket events and initiatives. The Intern will assist in the processing of internal CRM departmental requests and will be instrumental in the implementation, execution and reporting of Nationals ticket offers, discounts, and promotions through the ProVenue ticketing system. Interns should assist the Ticket Operations Department in providing a wider more intensive service net for our external customers and internal departments.
The Ticket Operations Intern is expected to provide exceptional customer service to Nationals Park patrons at all times. The Intern will be tasked with preparation and set up of the Box Office locations around Nationals Park and be heavily involved with servicing patrons within the Ticket Services Lobby on gamedays. Candidates should possess superior customer service skills and have the ability to interpret and react quickly as situations arise in a fast-paced work environment.
The Intern will be provided the opportunity to experience the daily and gameday functions of a MLB ticket operations department. Candidates must have prior customer service experience as well as be experienced with internet and web based browsers/searches, MS Office applications such as Excel, Word & PowerPoint, and have superior writing/reading comprehension and problem solving skills. Prior experience in the handling and reconciliation of cash is required. The intern will be expected to work long irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
The intern will need to be available to work in person in Washington, DC from approximately March – October 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the processing, printing and distribution of season, group and individual game tickets
• Service and interact with customers on a regular basis to help resolve ticketing questions and concerns
• Process ticket exchanges in accordance with the Season Ticket Holder Exchange policies
• Support in supervision and training of seasonal ticket seller staff
• Assist in the generation of reports based on promotions, sales, inventory, etc.
• Utilize automated ticketing system, Tickets.com ProVenue, to process all internal & external ticket requests
• Assist in tracking and reporting discounts and total ticket numbers
• Collaborate with other departments within the organization to ensure internal ticketing requests are fulfilled
• Support buildout of online ticket offers and promotions through the Nationals website and MLB Ballpark app
• Update policies and procedures manual and assist in special projects
• Uphold the core integrities of performance, excellence and accountability
• Provide customer service support on gamedays in the Ticket Services lobby
• Assist with administrative tasks for the department, i.e. CRM, data entry, updating spreadsheets, filling, scanning, data entry/processing, and general office work
• Maintain the cleanliness and organization of common office areas and storage spaces
• Aid in the gameday preparation of the box offices including, outfitting supplies, stanchion setup, signage placement, etc.
• Other duties as assigned by Ticket Operations staff
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Successfully pass a background investigation
• Available for the entire term of the internship
• Authorized to work in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Prior experience in a customer service/retail environment.
• Proficiency in typing and computer technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Computerized ticketing experience, particularly in the Tickets.com ProVenue operating system, is preferred.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
• Exhibit strong desire & passion to work in sports and Ticket Operations.
• Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Experience processing and handling cash and/or other payment methods.
• Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
• An effective communicator both orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Displays initiative in projects while demonstrating the ability to create and thrive in a team environment.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. Position entails extensive interaction with fans and guests of Nationals Park. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.