Intern - Strength & Conditioning
Washington NationalsWest Palm Beach, FL
This was removed by the employer on 5/31/2023 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Strength & Conditioning jobs in West Palm Beach-FL
Search all Intern - Strength & Conditioning postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Washington Nationals are looking for a Strength and Conditioning Coach to serve as an intern during Extended Spring Training and the Florida Complex League season. Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to assisting in the creation and implementation of the Washington Nationals Minor League Strength and Conditioning Program, collecting, and organizing data, conducting regular player testing, and reporting information across all departments.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implementation of the organization’s strength and conditioning program
• Daily, Weekly, and Monthly reporting on players training data and progress
• Collection and organization of sport science technology (GymAware, Catapult, Plyomat, etc.).
• Communication between departments regarding player assessments and evaluations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or Related Field
• Certification through the NSCA (CSCS)
• CPR/AED/First Aid
• Ability to locate to West Palm Beach, FL from May to September of 2022.
• Ability to work on weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Key to Perform Essential Functions:
• 1 year of strength and conditioning experience (baseball experience preferred)
• Knowledge of sport science technology including but not limited to Catapult, GymAware, and Plyomat.
• Bilingual (Spanish)
• Willingness to learn and continue their education within and beyond the Strength and Conditioning field
• Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction—together.
• Ability to travel and gain access to various areas of the ballpark for prolonged periods of time during games and events. Able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.