Intern - Promotions & Events
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The seasonal intern position is an integral part of the Promotions & Events department. The individual to fill this role will be exposed to and responsible for a variety of gameday initiatives. These initiatives will include, but not be limited to, the Jr. Nationals Kids Club, promotional giveaways, Fan Appreciation and numerous theme nights & special ticket events through the course of the season. The intern will interact with fans on a regular basis and will be trusted to communicate with fans in a friendly, professional manner.
The intern will need to be available to work in person in Washington, DC from approximately March – October 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the youth marketing initiatives including the Jr. Nationals Kids Club and Kids Run The Bases
• Serve as a liaison to fans and members of the Jr. Nationals Kids Club including:
• Activating the Jr. Nats kiosk every Saturday and Sunday home game
• Managing fan correspondences and requests sent in to the Jr. Nats inbox
• Writing content to include in the monthly newsletters, website and the Jr. Nats membership portal
• Assist with the execution of all special events associated with the Kids Club (i.e. online contests, batting practice viewing opportunities, player meet & greets, etc.)
• Assist in the execution of all theme nights & special events by coordinating with vendors, entertainment, event staff, etc.
• Responsible for the organization and maintenance of promotional inventory for the Promotions and Events department including the distribution of items, storage organization, etc.
• Assist in all promotional activities related to home games
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Promotions & Events
• Successfully pass a background investigation
• Available for the entire term of the internship
• Must be able to work all Sunday home games
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Game day Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.