Intern - Promotions & Events
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern, Promotions & Events (2022)
The seasonal intern position is an integral part of the Promotions & Events department. The individual to fill this role will be exposed to and responsible for a variety of gameday initiatives. These initiatives will include, but not be limited to, the Jr. Nationals Kids Club, promotional giveaways, Fan Appreciation and numerous theme nights & special ticket events through the course of the season. This intern position will be heavily relied upon to interact with fans on a daily basis and trusted to communicate with fans in a friendly, but professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the youth marketing initiatives including the Jr. Nationals Kids Club and Kids Run The Bases
• Serve as a liaison to fans and members of the Jr. Nationals Kids Club including:
• Activating the Jr. Nats kiosk every Saturday and Sunday home game
• Managing fan correspondences and requests sent in to the Jr. Nats inbox
• Writing content to include in the monthly newsletters, website and the Jr. Nats membership portal
• Assist with the execution of all special events associated with the Kids Club (i.e. online contests, batting practice viewing opportunities, player meet & greets, etc.)
• Assist in the execution of all theme nights & special events by coordinating with vendors, entertainment, event staff, etc.
• Responsible for the organization and maintenance of promotional inventory for the Promotions and Events department including the distribution of items, storage organization, etc.
• Assist in all promotional activities related to home games
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Promotions & Events
• Be available for the entire length of the Internship Program (March 2022-October 2022).
• Available to work at least 25 hours per week.
• Must be available to work all Sunday home games.
• Successfully complete a Background Investigation.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work will require attendance at all Nationals home games, and may require physical tasks outdoors.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.