Intern - Player Development
Washington NationalsWest Palm Beach, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern, Player Development (2023)
Contribute to Washington Nationals Baseball Operations for the 2023 season as one of our highly valued interns. We’re looking for dynamic individuals who can contribute to our Player Development operation at our Spring Training complex in West Palm Beach, Florida. The internship will include exposure to Spring Training, Extended Spring Training, Florida Complex League, and Instructional League. The position will work closely with Player Development executives, Minor League coaching staff, and professional baseball players.
The Player Development internship includes an emphasis on assignments and responsibilities related to the Nationals farm system and development of professional players. We value candidates with playing experience, familiarity with minor league baseball, and/or Spanish language skills.
The internship runs from February 1 through November 1. Decisions regarding the position will not be made until the Fall and Winter of 2022.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Player Development front office with various projects including player transactions and daily operations
• Compile and distribute daily and monthly reports for Baseball Operations
• Manage recurring tasks such as organizing roster boards, updating depth charts, and disseminating daily reports
• Assist the video and technology department on the field and during bullpens and drills as necessary
• Support with general office work including mailings, guest interaction, document production and filing
• Assist with day to day logistics for Minor League Spring Training, Extended Spring Training, Florida Complex League, and Instructional League
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Available for the entire term of the Internship.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Highly motivated and excellent attention to detail
• Spanish speaking skills valued highly
• Demonstrated passion for baseball and baseball operations
• Strong, confident communication skills including the ability to write clearly and effectively
• Ability to use time efficiently
• Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
• Willing to relocate to West Palm Beach, FL
• Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Prior baseball or softball experience is preferred
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require weekend and/or evening work.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.