Intern, New Media
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Reporting to the Senior Manager, New Media, the New Media Intern will gain valuable experience working in marketing for a Major League Baseball team, helping to execute the digital voice of the Washington Nationals. This position will be responsible for content ideation and execution, with an emphasis on video content across multiple platforms. This position will be tasked with projects in the office and during games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execution of posts on Instagram, Instagram Stories, Facebook, Facebook Reels, YouTube, etc.
• Ideation of content and campaigns across social media platforms.
• Collaborate with Senior Manager, New Media and Manager, New Media to fulfill social requests from Corporate Sponsorship, Ticket Sales and other departments.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or similar degree or a minimum of 1 year experience preferred
• Action-oriented, organization first and ability to multi-task
• Trust builder with discretion of the highest order
• Strong artistic vision and creative abilities
• Strong working knowledge of Premiere Pro preferred
• Good working knowledge of Photoshop and Lightroom
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Successfully pass a Background Investigation.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires weekend and/or evening work whenever there are games or events scheduled.
• Gameday: Job requires employee to function occasionally in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.