Intern - Marketing
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Marketing Intern will receive a variety of tasks assigned to them by the Marketing Manager. Tasks will include (but are not limited to): assisting with 2023 marketing campaigns and projects, managing grassroots and goodwill initiatives, assisting the department during promotions and events, preparing and reviewing content, and other marketing needs.
The intern will need to be available to work in person in Washington, DC from approximately February – August 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in managing campaigns and projects from inception through activation and launch
• Assist with reviewing creative assets, overseeing quality control and ensuring approvals are obtained through project management systems
• Manage publications with internal departments and external vendors
• Manage the planning, preparation and execution of grassroots and goodwill initiatives
• Research best practices and compile advertising samples
• Assist the Marketing department during promotions and events
• Other duties as assigned
• Successfully pass a background investigation
• Available for the entire term of the internship
• Authorized to work in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Must have a high degree of professionalism
• Working knowledge of Google Docs and Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge of Creative Suite with an emphasis on Photoshop is preferred
• Work may require occasional gameday, weekend and/or evening work.
• Job may require employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee may be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.