Intern - Guest Experience
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Washington Nationals are currently seeking a Guest Experience Intern for the 2021 season. The intern’s primary responsibilities will be assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Guest Experience department. This internship program will provide the student with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in guest experience and ballpark operations with a professional baseball organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the coordination and booking of all Ballpark Tours
• Assist with the execution of the TEAM Service Rewards and Recognition Program
• Produce and create the monthly Guest Experience newsletter and the Game Day Information sheet
• Assist the Coordinator with ensuring purchasing inventories are accurate and maintained
• Assist with the Nationals Lost and Found Program when needed
• Assist the Manager, Coordinator, and Director with day to day events and projects
• Assist with the staffing and operations of non-gameday events
• Assist with set up, break down and distribution of promotional items
• General clerical office duties, filing and data entry and other duties as assigned
• Develop a working knowledge of Nationals Park
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
• Successfully complete a Background Investigation
• Must be available to work a max of 35 hours a week, nights, and weekends; no exceptions
• Must be available to work until the end of the season in October
• Intern is not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the Program
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Communicate articulately and detail oriented.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service.
• Multi tasker with the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
• Ability to remain calm and positive under stressful situations and project a professional image at all times.
• Lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs. may be required
• Conditions are normal for an office environment and there may be occasional weekend and/or evening duties.
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue.
• Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees.