Intern - Groundscrew
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Washington Nationals are seeking qualified individuals for the upcoming 2019 baseball season as seasonal interns. Nationals Park, home of the Washington Nationals, is located along the banks of the Anacostia River in the Navy Yard neighborhood of Southeast D.C. Opening in 2008, Nationals Park has been the home venue of the Washington Nationals Baseball Club and has also hosted a wide range of non-baseball events.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities for these positions will include, but are not limited to:
• Learning a variety of techniques to maintaining all clay areas to desired specifications
• Assisting with calibration and fertilizer applications
• Assisting with a variety of cultural practices throughout the growing season
• Daily warning track maintenance, pre-game and post-game field preparations
• Tarping infield during inclement weather
• Maintaining a clean and professional working environment
• All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university, or equivalent military experience.
• Enrolled in Turfgrass Management or another related field of study.
• Interns are expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays for Nationals games or non-baseball events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Professional appearance and character as well as the ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors.
• Ability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays for either Nationals games or non-baseball events.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Because of the physical demands of the job, candidates are expected to be able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds and have the ability to move quickly under unpredictable situations.
• How did you hear about this job?