Intern - Finance
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 2/23/2023 2:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Finance jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Finance postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Purchasing intern will report to the Senior Director, Purchasing. This position will be responsible for all of the administrative duties needed in the department. They will interact with the Purchasing Buyer and all Finance staff as needed.
The intern will need to be available to work in person in Washington, DC from approximately February – November 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate administrative workload to maintain consistent/even work flow; assist with standardization of administrative duties and performance.
• Enter all purchase requisitions, credit card orders, etc. into WNBC’s Accounting System (Great Plains).
• Coordinate all backup on the finalized purchase order, verifying that all necessary documentation is attached so the payment process will go smoothly.
• Work closely with all members of Accounts Payable to ensure they have all the necessary documentation in a timely and efficient manner.
• Assist with vendor inquiries and assist to procure the goods that are requested by various Nationals departments.
• Coordinate the purchase and delivery of goods.
• Work with the Purchasing Buyer as needed for documentation gathering and workflow.
• Maintain records and files in the Finance file room
• Help other sub-departments within Finance in filing and gathering information
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
• Successfully pass a background investigation
• Available for entire term of internship and availability to work all Nationals home games
• Ability to frequently work nights and weekends
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from Nationals Park
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Proficient skills in computer including experience with MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. and ability to learn and master new software programs including general ledger software packages.
• Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all departments and all levels of personnel within the site and the corporate office as well as to external customers. Demonstrate initiative, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Strong ability to be creative and thrive in a team environment
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• The ability to influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels.
• Ability to work with various types of office machinery including but not limited to copier, scanner, etc
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.