Intern, Events Utility
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 5/18/2021 5:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern, Events Utility jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern, Events Utility postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern, Events Utility?
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Washington Nationals are currently seeking a Ballpark Operations Events Utility Intern for the 2021 season. The Utility Intern's primary responsibilities will be assisting with the overall day-to-day operations of the Ballpark Operations Events team in a variety of functions. This internship program will provide the student with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in ballpark operations and events with a professional baseball organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Ballpark Operations Events team in the execution of all aspects of events to ensure a high quality experience for guests at Nationals Park on both game days and non-game days.
• Help oversee the game day employee check-in process prior to games
• Assist the Logistics team with the set-up and breakdown of event related equipment and furniture
• Responsible for assisting with the planning and coordination of non-baseball events at the park.
• Provide support for the Guest Experience and Venue Services arms of Ballpark Operations in day-to-day and special projects when necessary
• Develop a working knowledge of the Nationals Park event day policies and procedures
• Produce event related documents and materials such as staff notes and event related signage
• General clerical office duties, filing and data entry and other duties as assigned
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
• Currently enrolled or completed an under graduate or graduate program of an accredited College or University.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Successfully complete a Background Investigation
• Be available for the entire length of the Internship Program
• Intern is not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the Program
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service.
• Communicate articulately and detail oriented.
• Multi tasker with the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
• Lift objects weighing up to 45 lbs. may be required.
• Ability to remain calm and positive under stressful situations and project a professional image at all times.
• Conditions are normal for an office environment and there may be occasional weekend and/or evening duties.
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue.
• Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees.