Intern - Corporate Partnerships
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Reporting to the Manager of Sponsorship Activation, the Corporate Partnerships Intern will gain a broad understanding of sports partnerships by assisting with both activation and sales related projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Activation: This opportunity will provide a fast paced, hands-on experience in developing and executing sponsorship activation programs.
• Help setup and breakdown physical activation spaces within the ballpark on game days (i.e. sponsor branded giveaways at a tabling location, partner F B samples distributed to fans, etc.).
• Assist the Marketing & Game Presentation team with all sponsored in-game features (i.e. providing Game Presentation staff with prizing for in-game features, assist with the setup of fun competitive games, etc.).
• Coordinate the logistics of corporate partners participating in pregame ceremonies (i.e. escort senior-level executives through ballpark entrances down to the field to throw out the first pitch).
• Provide top-tier customer service to corporate partners by hosting them at the ballpark for events like batting practice viewings, suite nights, or Nationals Partner Alliance Events.
• Support the activation team at off-site events and activations throughout the DMV area.
• Sales: The Corporate Partnerships intern will develop their business acumen by supporting the sales team on proposals for partners and prospects.
• Host prospects at the ballpark by providing them with a great fan experience.
• Conduct research used in proposals and partnership recaps.
• Capture, organize, and catalog high quality photographs of partner activations, signage, special events, and promotions for use in proposals and recaps.
• Strategize creative and engaging ideas that will generate revenue for the department.
• Administrative Tasks:
• Shipping of packages to clients and contacts across the industry.
• Filing of financial paperwork to account for department purchases and expenses.
• Track inventory of sponsored giveaways (i.e. bobbleheads) and organize storage closet efficiently.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Successfully pass a Background Investigation.
• Available for the entire term of the Internship.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Desire and passion to work in sports sponsorship activation and sales.
• Must be able to operate in a dynamic work environment managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Effective communicator that can build relationships with other departments in order to complete job tasks.
• Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor when interacting with corporate partners.
• Pay close attention to detail on projects assigned.
• Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite to build presentations, create excel documents, and utilize Outlook tools such as email and calendar invites to communicate with colleagues and clients.
• Proficient in using Adobe Photoshop to create mock ups for use in presentations.
Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work will require weekend and evening work.
• How did you hear about this job?