Intern - Corporate Communications
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 2/2/2023 2:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Corporate Communications jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Corporate Communications postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Washington Nationals communications department promotes and publicizes the organization’s off-field, business, marketing, community and philanthropic initiatives. The corporate communications intern will develop new skills and gain valuable insight into the day-to-day workings of a sports communications office. They will gain hands-on experience writing press and promotional materials, serving as an on-site PR assistant for media events and performing other job-related responsibilities.
The intern will need to be available to work in person in Washington, DC from approximately March – October 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and compile daily media clips on weekdays and during weekend homestands.
• Assemble and format coverage recaps for assigned campaigns and full season.
• Help write press materials and create content for various promotional opportunities.
• Research local/national media outlets and resources to build press lists.
• Contact media regarding Nationals events and promotions in order to build the organization’s brand and garner media coverage.
• Draft blog posts for Curly W Live, the official blog of the Nationals.
• Write and update executive bios.
• Maintain calendar of local events, executive speaking opportunities and industry awards.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Successfully pass a background investigation
• Available for entire term of internship
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Authorized to work in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Excellent writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office; writing samples may be required.
• Familiarity with social media platforms and emerging outlets is preferred.
• Must be available for the entire term of the internship.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position will require weekend and occasional evening work.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.