Intern - Baseball Communications
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 1/12/2024 3:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Baseball Communications jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Baseball Communications postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern, Baseball Communications (Full Year)
This individual will be a member of the Communications department starting in January 2024 through November 2024. They will assist in all facets of the communications operations at both Spring Training in West Palm Beach, FL and during the regular season in Washington D.C. with responsibilities including, but not limited to, production of the 2024 media guide, production and distribution of daily media credentials, production of game notes and other game information such as lineup sheets, minor league reports, getaway packets, etc. Additional tasks will include coordinating press box operations, assistance with research projects, coordinating player interviews and other duties as assigned.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Communications staff with the credentialing process, including distribution of game day credentials at Media Will Call.
• Produce, copy and distribute stat packs, game notes, minor league reports and other essential game information to the media, staff, and opposing club.
• Assist the Communications staff in the research and production of pre-game notes; Research and produce postgame notes for distribution to the media and opposing teams during the course of the game.
• Work with the visiting public relations official to ensure the needs of his or her club, media and staff are fulfilled. Assist the Communications staff with coordinating interviews, assisting with press conferences and overseeing press box operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• The ideal candidate has completed their college coursework or has earned their degree. At least one year of professional sports or college experience in a media relations or sports information role is required.
• At least one year of experience in a Major League Baseball and/or a Minor League club communications department is preferred.
• Experience using Major League Baseball's credential system and other internal programs, desktop publishing software such as Adobe lnDesign and Photoshop is preferred. Ideal candidate also has extensive knowledge and experience using the MLB Research Tool, StatsPass.com and BaseballReference.com.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions.
• Must be detail-oriented with excellent communication, organization, writing and editing skills.
• Advanced knowledge of the game of baseball, advanced statistics and the current media landscape.
• This position requires an individual with the ability to work all home games in Spring Training and the 2024 season.
• The candidate must be able to provide their own housing.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Game day Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.