Intern - Baseball Communications
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 12/14/2023 5:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Baseball Communications jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Baseball Communications postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern, Baseball Communications (Seasonal)
This individual will work closely with the Communications staff beginning in late-March 2024 and extending through the 2024 season. They will assist in all facets of the operation with responsibilities including, but not limited to, production and distribution of daily media credentials, assisting with game notes and other game information such as lineup sheets, minor league recaps, getaway packets, etc. Additional tasks will include coordinating press box operations, assistance with research projects, coordinating player interviews, and other duties as assigned.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Communications staff with the credentialing process, including distribution of gameday credentials at Media Will Call.
• Produce, copy and distribute stat packs, game notes, minor league reports and other essential game information to the media, staff, and opposing club.
• Research and produce post-game notes for distribution to the media and opposing teams during the course of the game.
• Work with the visiting public relations official to ensure the needs of his or her club, media, and staff are fulfilled.
• Assist the Communications staff with coordinating interviews, assisting with and recording press conferences and overseeing press box operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• The ideal candidate has completed their college coursework or has earned their degree.
• At least one year of professional sports or college experience in a media relations or sports information role is preferred.
• At least one year of experience in a Major League Baseball and/or a Minor League club communications department is preferred.
• Experience using Major League Baseball's credential system and other internal programs, desktop publishing software such as Adobe lnDesign and Photoshop is preferred. Ideal candidate also has extensive knowledge and experience using StatsPass.com and BaseballReference.com.
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions.
• Must be detail-oriented with excellent communication, organization, writing and editing skills.
• Advanced knowledge of the game of baseball, advanced statistics and the current media landscape.
• This position requires an individual with the ability to work all home games during the 2024 season.
• The candidate must be able to provide their own housing.
• Physical/Environmental Requirement
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.