Guest Support Specialist
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
At Nationals Park our team members create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest has left our facility, the experience stays with them. As the premier sports venue in the Nation's Capital we set the standard for in game experiences in Major League Baseball. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about hospitality and customer service. They have a positive and approachable personality, are self-motivated, enjoy interacting with guests from various backgrounds and have excellent communication and phone skills.
Reporting to the Vice President, Experience & Hospitality, the Guest Support Specialist is the main contact between the organization and thousands of guests. The Guest Support Specialist is responsible for corresponding with fellow team members, building relationships, responding to and interacting with guests through our various contact points including email, phone and social media. This individual understands that they directly impact each guest's experience, and does everything that they can to enhance it while abiding by company policies.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be the first point of contact for a large volume of inbound and outbound communications including, email, Twitter, phone calls and ChatBot
• Analyze incoming communications and present solutions based on available resources
• Identify guest needs, clarify information, research every issue and providing solutions
• Respond with the highest level of hospitality and kindness when communicating with guests
• Serve as the organizational point of contact for guest complaints, compliments and issues.
• Keep records of all communications according to established standards
• Relay real time service situations on game days to the appropriate parties for immediate resolution
• Responsible for fulfillment of all birthday an anniversary requests in park
• Support the gameday staff team in resolving guest issues in park
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
• Required to liaise with Departmental appointees to resolve all issues related to guest inquiries
• Communicate clearly and professionally
• Prepare weekly reports on communication activity
• Ability to multi-task and function under stressful conditions
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• High School Degree or equivalent military experience
• Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or Communications preferred
• 2-3 years guest relations experience or call center experience
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Ability to interact well with fellow employees and the general public.
• Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
• Bilingual is a plus, but not required
• Understands how to manage information; knows when to communicate information upward.
• Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data.
• Nice, warm and courteous.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service and hospitality.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be a team player who is able to work well in a fast paced environment
• Available to work large non-baseball events throughout the year as needed.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Full-time: Job requires employee to function in a high activity communications hub with heavy computer interaction.
• Will be required to work nights, weekends and some holidays during the season.
• May be required to work in a heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue.
• May work at heights.
• Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be seated 70% of time but will be required to walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs.
• The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.