Executive Director, Communications
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 9/13/2021 5:28:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Executive Director, Communications jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Executive Director, Communications postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Director, Communications?
Full Time Job
The Executive Director of Communications reports directly to the Chief Communications Officer (CCO), working hand in hand to manage all business and corporate public relations on behalf of the Washington Nationals Baseball Club. The Communications team works with other departments within the organization to effectively maintain the company's message and promote various marketing/ticketing initiatives, events, community initiatives and corporate activations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with the CCO to formulate overall communications strategy, creating proactive media plans and messaging around specific initiatives and events, crisis planning and issues management, drive active pitching of stories to the media, preparing executives for media interviews, managing relationships with national and local business and lifestyle media and overseeing the day to day execution of all business focused media activities.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work hand in hand with the CCO to formulate business communications strategy and plan to execute against that strategy.
• Draft targeted media plans designed to garner non-sports related earned coverage across print, broadcast, radio and online outlets.
• Oversee the pitching of specific stories, serve as spokesperson and manage reporter relationships.
• Create messaging for ownership and/or team executives for interviews and speaking engagements. Prepare them for interviews, speaking engagements, etc.
• Compile and review sensitive organizational documents and presentations for the Executive team (i.e., Annual Reports, Emergency Management Plan, Information Dissemination Reports, etc.) and the Washington Nationals Philanthropies.
• Supervise members of the Communications Team who are involved in the business
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required or equivalent military experience
• Minimum 10 years of experience in public relations, preferably at a large agency or Fortune 500 company.
• Management experience required for this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• The ability to work independently and to manage priorities is a must.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Preferred Bachelors or better