Coordinator, Human Resources
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
The HR Coordinator performs a variety of complex and confidential HR duties in support of the Human Resources Department. This individual participates in onboarding activities and assists with recruitment activities for all employees.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Input all employee information changes to include new hires, promotions, job changes, salary changes etc. into UKG Pro & the ABI timekeeping/scheduling system.
• Generate basic reports from HR systems.
• Ensure data integrity by assisting with quarterly audits of ABI and UKG Pro systems.
• Maintains personnel files and other HR records in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as the Nationals' Document Retention Policy.
• Maintains I-9 documentation and performs yearly audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Ensures Labor Law posters are within both federal and state compliance
• Respond to routine employee and management questions regarding employee information, etc.
• Monitor and complete employment verifications.
• Coordinate HR related events and activities that will positively impact culture and employee engagement.
• Pre-screen resumes for open positions for Hiring Manager review.
• Coordinate candidate interviews in support of Hiring Managers.
• Conduct reference checks as needed.
• Represent the Nationals at recruiting events.
• Assist with the annual seasonal employment job fair.
• Assist with the coordination of the Intern Program.
• Ensure all documents related to employment are accurately completed by candidates and new hires.
• Administer background checks.
• Develop and conduct orientation programs for new employees.
• Ensure office/cubicle, computers, office supplies, etc. are available for employee on day 1.
• Coordinates with Manager and Security to obtain badges for new employees.
• Responsible for generating IT Access form for all new hires.
• Unemployment Cases – respond to Separation Requests. Notify department head of any discrepancies in order to formulate appropriate responses.
• Opens, screens and distributes mail, faxes, shipments, and prepares outgoing mail, faxes, shipments, etc. including special handling requirements such as overnight delivery.
• Supports HR department on all administrative duties as needed and/or other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum of 2 years human resources generalist experience.
• Experience providing full-cycle recruitment support preferred.
• UKG Pro/ABI experience preferred.
• Team and/or sports experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Experience with applicant tracking systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to quickly adapt and flex according to business and customer needs.
• Ability to recognize root cause of issues and to proactively develop solutions.
• Strong organizational, time management and project management skills with the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Understands how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate upwards.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and HRIS systems such as UKG Pro and ABI.
• Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
• Knowledge of MLB policies and procedures preferred.
Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
Preferred Bachelors or better