Assistant Ticket Manager
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 12/15/2023 5:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Assistant Ticket Manager jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Assistant Ticket Manager postings
Full Time Job
The Assistant Ticket Manager collaborates closely with other departments, with a strong focus on Ticket Sales & Services, to ensure all ticketing needs are met. Duties also include ticket sales, customer service, system training, game preparation and management, generation of reports, assistance in the management of gameday staff and maintaining/strengthening relationships with outside vendors. Assistant Ticket Managers offer critical direct support to fans on gamedays for any ticketing and service-related issues and are tasked with quickly resolving problems as they arise in accordance with the Nationals core values, policies & procedures. The Assistant Ticket Managers ensure that all ticket office policies & procedures are efficiently followed and enforced through proper training, preparation, reporting and leadership. The position is focused on the areas of Ticket Sales & Service, System Maintenance, Integration & Support, Finance, Box Office, and Ballpark/Special Events and reports directly to the Director, Ticket Operations.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide exceptional customer service to Nationals Park ticket holders before, during, and after events.
• Build season, group and individual game events and ticket offers.
• Assist in the creation, implementation and management of online ticketing promotions/initiatives including building of B2B and coupon code offers in tandem with MLB and Tickets.com.
• Manage and track ticket and parking inventory to maximize sales and monitor usage through reporting.
• Collaborate with existing staff in formulating more efficient guidelines to govern interdepartmental policies and procedures.
• Service and interact with customers on a regular basis to help resolve ticketing questions and concerns.
• Utilize CRM to assist Ticket Sales & Service Departments in the sales and fulfillment of season, group, and individual ticket requests.
• Assist in the proofing and creation of all events/pricing/discounts/offers/promotions at Nationals Park within the ticketing system, website, and MLB Ballpark App.
• Interact with other internal departments in the sale and fulfillment of ticket requests; i.e. marketing, promotions, community relations, foundation, etc.
• Collaborate with sponsorship companies and organizations in the printing, distribution, and online management of Nationals tickets.
• Generate reports based on promotions, sales, inventory, etc.
• Utilize ticket system to conduct over-the-counter sales and processing will call for walk up patrons.
• Print and deliver season, group, individual tickets through the MLB Ballpark App
• Assist in the setup and training of all new users on the ticketing system.
• Maximize usage of all technologies including but not limited to ProVenue, Fortress, CRM, Ballpark App, ISS, Fevo.
• Work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to test and ensure proper integration of ticketing related systems.
• Assist with fulfillment of internal and external complimentary ticket requests at the direction of department head.
• Perform Admin functions on the ProVenue ticketing platform and assist other users with access, buildout, setup, and integration.
• Review payment reports with accounting & finance departments.
• Supervise closeout of seasonal ticket selling staff.
• Calculate and reconcile cash and other payment methods and prepare nightly deposits.
• Build relationships both internally and externally to find ways to push the business operations of the department and organization forward.
• Assist as necessary with Spring Training ticketing functions for the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches.
• Prepare, organize, and maintain box office and storage areas throughout the season.
• Perform general administrative tasks such as filing, record maintenance, etc.
• Demonstrate a proactive mindset and desire to make the Nationals Ticket Operations Department function efficiently and exceptionally!
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Recent Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent military experience.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in Ticket Operations and box office including transactional and service related functions. Experience working with internal and external stakeholders to fulfill organizational ticketing needs.
• Minimum of 2 years customer service experience.
• Minimum of 1 years' experience with computerized ticketing systems (i.e. Tickets.com, Ticketmaster).
• MOS or Excel certification preferred.
• Prior cash handling experience.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• ProVenue (Tickets.com) experience is desired and strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications with a strong emphasis on functions, formulas and reporting within Microsoft Excel.
• Box office knowledge and experience in high volume/high traffic/in person customer service environment.
• Positive attitude and ability to both collaborate in a team environment or work independently on assigned projects.
• Cognitive thinking and problem solving skills necessary to diagnose, diffuse and resolve issues quickly.
• Proactive in identifying and relaying potential problems and areas of need.
• Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
• Proven record of maintaining high level of technical skills, keeping current with emerging box office trends both technically and interpersonally.
• Experience with and ability to frequently work long & irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Excellent organizational abilities to multi-task, establish priorities, consistently meet deadlines and operate under pressure.
• Attention to detail including excellent time management.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Daily on-site working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend, holiday, and/or evening work depending on event scheduling.
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
• Bachelors or better