Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
The Animator is responsible for producing animated visual content in a wide array of mediums for the Washington Nationals including in-park LED animations, logo animations, character animations, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Extensive knowledge of Cinema 4D, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator & Premiere
• Advanced creative and technical capabilities in compositing and visual effects
• Adept at motion graphic design, design conventions and post-production process.
• Technically knowledgeable and savvy in a digital environment.
• Constant development of skills and exploration of new creative techniques
• Produce and deliver animated graphics to internal departments
• Assist with the development of new and innovative animated concepts.
• Ensure Nationals branding is implemented in all animated elements
• Assist Curly W Productions in any projects outside of essential duties as needed
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience with animation programs (Cinema 4D)
• Minimum of 6 years of experience with motion graphics programs (After Effects)
• Minimum of 6 years of experience with graphics programs (Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Minimum of 6 years of experience with non-linear editing systems (Premiere)
• NOTE: Demo reel is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Ability to produce and create new and exciting animated content
• Ability to organize and adhere to internal workflows so projects are easily shared
• Ability to give and receive constructive criticism on their creative work
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to travel during Spring Training and throughout the season as needed
• Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
• Must possess strong decision-making skills and be very detail oriented
• Must be knowledgeable of the Nationals schedule, players, baseball statistics, rules and records
• Must possess interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)
• Must be able to work ALL home games
• Must be able to work the extended hours of game days and specials events as scheduled
• Must be comfortable interacting with high profile clients
• Professional baseball and/or other professional sports production experience preferred
• Work will require weekend and evening work
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue
• May work at heights
• Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and climb up/down stairs
• The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
• How did you hear about this job?