Washington CapitalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 9/18/2021 4:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Communications Assistant jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Communications Assistant postings
Part Time Job
Game Night Staff: Communications Assistant
Game Night Staff: Communications Assistant (Part-time/Seasonal)
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League's Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth's East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region's top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Washington Capitals Seasonal Communications Assistant is responsible for assisting with day-to-day operations for the communications department, with a focus on off-ice publicity. The position provides a unique opportunity to gain firsthand experience in a professional sports public relations industry. This is a paid part-time position that requires a commitment beginning in August 2021 and runs through the duration of the 2021-22 NHL season.
Do you have strong communications skills, enjoy writing and editing, love sports and passionate about supporting the Capitals? We would love to hear from you!
• Work closely and collaborate with communications team to help publicize the team's off-ice and business initiatives.
• Monitor coverage and compile daily media clips.
• Assist with compiling coverage recap reports and additional communications materials.
• Aid in writing press releases and additional editorial content (magazine, game program, graphics) related to off-ice initiatives.
• Shadow and provide support during media opportunities, community public relations appearances, live shots and other events.
• Research and build media lists of non-sports contacts.
• Organize off-ice photographs including archiving.
• Support communications staff on select game nights.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or currently working on a communications, English, journalism, or other related major.
• Strong communication skills including writing, editing, and interpersonal.
• Highly organized, deadline driven, and able to prioritize workload to handle multiple tasks.
• Dedicated, hard-working, diligent and resourceful.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and on a team.
• A resourceful self-starter who takes initiatives and utilizes their decision-making abilities.
• Flexibility to work all Capitals home games including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.