WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Writer (CNN )
Location: United States - New York - New York
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Writer is a strong writer who can research and write conversational copy on tight deadlines. This person must be able to manage a fast-changing program and adjust copy to accommodate those changes throughout the day.
The Writer will support a producer's directions and is responsible for formatting scripts, working with the team to find compelling sound and video, and creating strong banners and graphics. This person also writes in-house packages is required to pitch editorial content on a regular basis. The writer will work closely with the anchor, segment producers and bookers to create the program. Must also be able to handle breaking news and turn copy quickly for a live program.
• 3 years of experience writing in a television newsroom
• A bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
• Strong writing skills.
• Experience in live TV production a plus.
• Must have strong editorial skills
• Must be able to generate and execute compelling and creative story ideas
• Must be willing to work evening hours
• Must be flexible and able to work under deadline pressures
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.