Writer / Producer
Full Time Job
Writer / Producer, Hockey
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT, and truTV. We are also responsible for operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, and ELEAGUE.com.
This year, Turner Sports and National Hockey League announced a seven-year multimedia rights agreement beginning with the 2021-22 season. Fans will be able to enjoy the Stanley Cup Final and Stanley Cup Playoffs on TNT and TBS for the first time, along with 72 regular season games and the NHL Winter Classic each season. With this new partnership, Turner Sports and Bleacher Report will continue to provide premium content across multiple screens for fans to enjoy.
Turner Sports Creative Services Sports Unit (CSSU) is looking for a Writer/Producer to join their Emmy Award Winning Team. CSSU delivers customized content across the full spectrum of Turner Sports' media platforms. The Writer/Producer will be responsible for producing (but not limited to) promos, remote and studio elements, features and internal presentations. Sponsored Co-brands are growing in importance for our division.
The Writer/ Producer will be responsible for the entirety of a project from initial concept to final deliveries. This process includes managing not only the production aspects and personnel (edits/editors, audio, graphics, music) but also coordination with support teams within CSSU (project managers) as well Turner Sports marketing and sales teams (via CSSU project managers.) Those responsibilities include knowledge and management of pre and post-production schedule and budget as well any necessary communication such as email, conference calls and meetings.
• Majority of time spent in post-production edit developing projects.
• Oversee edits and coordinate efforts of editor, audio and visual designers including broadcast graphics.
• Guide projects through approval process, make appropriate revisions and ultimately develop a final version ready to be broadcast.
• Produce and direct field shoots including pre-production as well as onsite coordination of all personnel (talent, interview subjects, camera and audio operators, productions assistants etc.)
• Participate in CSSU's internal creative brainstorms.
• College degree
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in broadcast/content production.
• Strong script writing skills
• Extensive knowledge of internet, social media, sports, and popular culture.
• Strong basic editorial skills. Must be able to demonstrate an ability to evaluate content for editorial integrity.
• Willing to acclimate to a live sports schedule, which includes some work on nights, on weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects
• Motivation to produce creative content that will entertain and connect with an audience.
• Candidates should have experience developing concepts to integrate brands and sponsorships into Turner Sports properties.
• Excellent script writing ability is needed.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.