This was removed by the employer on 5/14/2021 5:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Writer, Digital jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Writer, Digital postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Writer, Digital?
Full Time Job
Writer, CNN Digital
Location: United States - District of Columbia - Washington
CNN Digital is looking for a writer to join our politics team covering the Justice Department, Supreme Court and high-profile legal issues.
This writer will work with reporters across CNN's Washington, DC-based Justice newsgathering team as well as CNN's digital teams to break news and cover the stories and conversations across the justice and legal world.
You will report and write daily stories, breaking news and long-term projects. Top-notch writing skills, the ability to execute quickly and cleanly and the expertise to elevate storytelling will be key.
You should be knowledgeable about how to shape pitches and execute assignments, enjoy the energy and stimulation that comes from working as part of a team and have a proven track record of successful collaboration in a matrixed organization.
Beat area will include Justice Department leadership and policies, civil rights issues, Supreme Court coverage, judicial nominations and legal challenges to administration policies.
• 2 years of editorial experience
• College degree preferred
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills
• Experience with legal or justice coverage preferred, but not required
• An understanding of how to write and frame stories for a digital audience
• Ability to report and write breaking news on deadline
• Ability to generate distinctive story ideas and report and write them accurately
• Ability to collaborate across teams to produce content, brainstorm ideas and cover fast-breaking news
• Ability to drive content into new mediums, which could include newsletters, podcasts, etc.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.