Writer, B / R Breaking News Team
WarnerMediaSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - San Francisco, United States - Massachusetts - Remote, United States - New York - New York
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Fast Company.Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
We are seeking a Writer for the Breaking News Team at Bleacher Report, a division of Turner Sports. Bleacher Report is the site of choice for the next generation of sports fans, engaging millions of users every month with its comprehensive, insightful and entertaining content. This position offers a solid starting point from which to build a career with Bleacher Report. Writers in this role produce news articles around the day's biggest national stories and upcoming events, using existing reports, reaction and social media to create content in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. If you are interested in being considered for the role, please submit a cover letter along with your application.
• Work with editors to update existing news stories and to create new reports.
• Create high-visibility pieces of content around sports' biggest events, on-field action and off-field issues.
• Follow protocol to meet demands of deadline-driven operation that works closely with Bleacher Report's Programming and Quality Control departments to create clean, engaging, accurate and timely content.
• Strong knowledge of a wide variety of sports, with some in-depth specialties.
• 1-3 years relevant experience in digital sports media.
• Ability to write about all aspects of sports on and off the field.
• Ability to write quickly and cleanly, according to AP style.
• Ability to use a variety of media to illustrate content.
• Comfort in online publishing and word-processing systems.
• Ability to navigate social media for newsworthy reactions to sports events.
• Effective communication and multi-tasking skills.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.