Web Developer Lead
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are looking for a Web Developer Lead to be responsible for working with team leads and developers to produce client-side SDKs in the areas of video, authentication and privacy. These SDKs will be incorporated into the end user applications from our brands like CNN, TNT, Cartoon Network, March Madness, and many more. You will be the mentor/leader to senior web developers and will be the subject matter expert in video.
Your role will be responsible for designing and developing new features, collaborating with the team in design sessions and participating in agile ceremonies and Gitflow process. The ideal candidate is expected to have a good mix of technical acumen and communication.
• As more and more people watch their content on the web, on their phones, and many other devices, we have the need to provide them with the best video experience possible.
• This is an amazing opportunity for a developer, like yourself, to be a part of the design and delivery of the video player that will be the cornerstone of how our customers consume our content now and in the future. Our environment is unique.
• Our list of supported platforms continues to grow as more video-capable devices reach the marketplace. You'll be on the cutting edge of new devices and will help solve how we reach them as efficiently as possible.
• Agile is a way of life and you'll have the full support of our entire group to bring new and innovative ideas and methodologies to improve our products and processes.
• You'll sit side by side with both leadership and junior staff to iterate quickly to both launch new features and improve what we've already built.
• You've got 6 years of experience as a frontend developer.
• You have led and mentored junior to senior level engineers on significant projects.
• You're well-rounded with experience on web and mobile technologies.
• You have familiarity with iOS and Android development and best practices.
• Teamwork and a strong desire to learn new technologies are everyday requirements to succeed.
• You love challenges and your analytical perspective finds the problems others may miss. Identify, analyze, and rectify is your mantra.
• Nothing is more satisfying than solving that difficult problem and you love to bring new ways to tackle an issue, even if it goes against popular opinion or the way things have been done before.
• You believe in Scrum, iterating quickly, and turning ideas into deployable code.
• You're always thinking about ways to improve performance, squash old bugs, and just making anything we deliver better for our customers.
• You believe in one team despite what the org chart says.
• You rally team members to form a common alliance and use your great communication skills and attention to detail to ensure the delivery of exceptional products.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.