WarnerMediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VP, Programming - Bleacher Report
Bleacher Report (B/R) seeks a VP, Programming.
The VP, Programming at B/R leads all digital distribution (B/R App, .com, social channels across B/R & Turner Sports) to achieve audience and revenue objectives. As the driving force behind Bleacher's platform-specific consumption experience, the VP of Programming is consistently seeking innovative tactical strategies to amplify audience and simplify operations.
As the primary gatekeeper of the Bleacher Report brand, it's the VP, Programming's responsibility to drive deeper interaction, engagement, and ultimately connection with sports fans around the world. To map to brand and business goals with holistic programming schedules and promotion planning, the VP will interface and collaborate directly with strategic leaders across Turner Sports and B/R to ensure content (studio executives) and programming slates (linear planning executives) are aligned.
The VP, Programming is responsible, in collaboration with the VP, Portfolio Brands, for maximizing content consumption via cross-portfolio programming to help grow, engage, differentiate, and evolve our ever-growing audience.
The VP, Programming is also responsible for planning, executing, goal measurement, and accountability, ensuring that individuals, teams and departments are all aligned and working towards the company's overarching strategic goals (growth, engagement, and conversion), inclusive of revenue targets and app product synergies. The VP provides support and guidance to Directors to ensure they have the proper resources and perspective required to be effective partners and leaders.
• Set and communicate differentiated strategic vision and expectation for staff of 50 employees, directing authentic, on-brand content experiences and the needs of our audience.
• Constantly monitor engagement trends relative to sales targets to determine programming hierarchies and placement based on overarching network grid.
• Strengthen our platform relationships (Facebook/Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.) in collaboration with marketing and partnership teams.
• Partner with revenue and marketing teams to build and refresh go-to-market packages and processes focused on monetization relative to budget targets across B/R App and social.
• Review Programming leadership performance and provide meaningful feedback on quality and quantity of work.
• Serve the role of ''Network Lead,'' acting as liaison between VP, Portfolio Brands, content executives (digital and linear), design leadership, sales/marketing, and programming teams.
• Be accountable for achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly goals across dimensions of overall follower growth, portfolio brand follower growth, total interactions, engagement rate, and total video views for all social and O&O platforms
• Bachelor's degree within a relevant field.
• 10 years of related experience in programming or social strategy.
• Exceptional written & verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask. Think on the fly and effect changes quickly.
• Bold leadership skills, confident in team building, mentoring and guiding talent. Able to motivate senior and junior staff.
• Intimate familiarity with Bleacher Report organization.
• Outstanding relationship-building skills.
• Agile, comfortable working in a fast-paced, always-changing environment.
• Deep understanding of digital landscape, social platforms, and technology trends.
• In tune with contemporary internet and youth culture trends.
• A knowledge and love of sports and sports culture.
• A master's degree in a managerial field is an added advantage but not compulsory.
• Being results-driven, focused on quality and efficiency.
• A skilled coach and supervisor, able to work with many different people and remain calm under pressure.
• The ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a range of intellectual and practical problems.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.