This was removed by the employer on 5/27/2021 9:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Video Editor jobs in London-UK
Search all Video Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Video Editor? Video Editor, CNN News
Location: United Kingdom - London
This position will be required to edit a variety short-form and long-form news content using Premiere Pro, to a very high standard. They will understand the different demands required to edit stories both effectively and creatively using Adobe Premiere Pro.
This person will be expected to play a key role in CNN London's news edit department, collaborating with all the producers on the creative and editorial direction of their stories, as well as advising on aspects of shooting and post-production techniques that will enhance their end product.
Edit daily news content including news packages and longer format news programming, using software such as Adobe Premier and Adobe After Effects. High quality and time-efficient video editing to create quality stories that meets the high standards for broadcast on CNN International, generating revenue for the company.
Take responsibility for the housekeeping of numerous projects. Making sure project media is easily accessible to team members. Enable media to be efficiently shared across multiple locations.
Collaborate with producers on a creative and editorial 'vision' at the pre-production stage. Determine a specific look and feel required to tell a story to its strengths, both from a shooting and editing perspective.
Managing Multiple Responsibilities
Work on a variety of projects - from multiple edits, testing workflows, software and equipment, to pro-actively building collaborative working practices with editorial, engineering and newsgathering partners.
They must have a deep technical knowledge of all current hardware and software systems in place, as well as a thorough understanding of media management, show archiving and distribution.
• Intimate knowledge of the hardware and software elements involved. Mac OS and Adobe Premiere Pro essential. Adobe After Effects desirable.
• Able to test new editing technologies for the benefit of CNN newsgathering.
• Liaises with Engineering to understand the set-up of London's technical set-up.
• Understands and adapts to the broadcast workflows upon which CNN News programmes are produced.
• An ability to organize and media manage the department's multiple media projects.
Initiative & Innovation:
• Takes personal responsibility and accountability for addressing and resolving problems.
• Confident and capable of providing feedback to senior management team on editing or workflow issues.
• Assumes additional responsibility, with a department-wide impact; sets and works to achieve challenging goals that impact the wider business needs.
• Anticipates and prepares for opportunities/problems that are not obvious to others.
• Deals effectively with setbacks/mistakes and learns from each new experience.
• Is a mentor for more junior editors; inspires others to improve their editing skills.
• Provides feedback to London's senior management on editing or workflow issues.
• Adapts well to change and is iterative and flexible with priorities, for example during breaking news.
• Open to influence and ideas other than his/her own.
• Adapts well to changes at work and helps implement department-wide changes.
• Uses appropriate flexibility when applying rules/procedures to accomplish organization's larger objectives.
• Changes own behaviour or approach to suit the situation.
• A go-to person for problems that occur with the department's workflow or delivery.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.