Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Rocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time.
We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
We are looking for a User Researcher with an intense passion for gaming and science to work on games for all platforms including consoles, PC, and mobile.
As a User Researcher you will conduct research groups through in-person test sessions where data is collected on our games using a variety of methods including usability, playtesting, and 1-on-1. During each session you will observe participant behaviour and communicate that information back to the group. You will also be responsible for writing up findings. Experience running research sessions is critical.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position, and once it's safe to return to the office can either be completed from our London HQ, fully remotely or some combination of the two.
• Prepare and execute research studies.
• Work with Senior User Researchers to conduct user testing
• Determine appropriate research methodologies and craft associated surveys as required
• Recruit the necessary amount and participant profile for each study
• Submit nightly notes/observations for each test
• Write research reports and debrief with various development teams
• Administer each playtest and usability session in a non-biased manner
• Develop and evolve the playtest recruitment database
• Provide findings-based recommendations as requested
• Experience in a related role, ideally in games user research
• Knowledge of research design, qualitative, and quantitative methodologies
• Comfortable speaking in front of groups with authority
• Experience moderating large groups effectively without supervision
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Familiar with game design theory and development process for video games
• Genuinely enjoy gaming in all forms
• Familiarity with analytics is a plus
If you do not meet all the requirements, but after reading through the description you feel excited about the position, and believe you'd still be a great fit for the role we'd still love to hear from you!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.