Technical Product Manager
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Warner Media is seeking a Video-focused Technical Product Manager to own end-to-end technology strategy for video players, playback features, and ads/analytics integration across our Warner Media brands and content partners. This is a multi-disciplined, cross-functional role to lead the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery of best-in-class products, platforms, and consumer experiences for live streaming and video on demand consumption.
The TPM will define and drive requirements for the core video player platform, applications, and libraries for a unified video delivery platform . You will collaborate with product managers, developers, engineers, project managers, QA testers, and brand technical leads on solid technical architectures, efficient feature implementations, cross-system workflows, and robust API/SDK integrations.
• This is a multi-disciplined, cross-functional role, which collaborates with key stakeholders to lead the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery of best-in-class tools, products, platforms, and experiences across websites, mobile apps, and connected TV/consoles.
• You will have oversight and responsibility for a portion of the video strategy direction and roadmap, ensuring successful management, delivery, and strategic focus.
• You will understand the full end-to-end workflow to develop video platform applications, backend systems for shared services, and cloud/on-prem infrastructure stack models.
• Be the subject matter expert (SME) for video players across multiple Warner Media brands and multiple device platforms. Provide on-the-ground technical leadership for requirements, implementation, testing, and delivery.
• Maintain the technical roadmap for our video platform, focusing on video player technology for live streaming and VOD with ads, analytics, DRM, and backend service integrations. Manage feature prioritization and integration needs across internal teams and brand partners.
• Generate technical requirements artifacts that define cross-systems architecture, full end-to-end video workflows, dependencies, and high-level solution details.
• Recommend video workflow optimizations and product updates per industry trends and system capabilities. Track industry practices on video players, encoding practices, platform updates, etc.
• Maintain an understanding of Warner Media brand utilization of various features and elements of the full video stack. Collaborate with brands to identify their present and future needs.
• Collaborate with developers/engineers on architecture and implementation decisions for new products, feature enhancements, and operational improvements.
• Coordinate integration activities across internal teams and brands for product delivery. Collaborate with brand product teams on technical plans, risks, and support for video needs.
• Participate in integration testing, user acceptance testing, and technical product validation.
• Collaborate with Platform Operations team to diagnose critical production issues, identify root causes, and define remediation and/or long-term product needs to address incidents.
• Track performance of launched products with brand leads, developers, and other stakeholders. Gather feedback on technical goals and metrics. Identify product refinements and fixes.
• Track utilization and costs for third-party services for financial analysis and technical implications. Participate in budget planning for hardware/software needs and business risks.
• Foster and create a culture of accountability, integrity, teamwork and open communication across all partner teams that are part of product development and delivery lifecycle.
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate work experience
• 4 years experience in a Product Manager or Product Owner role
• 5 years of technical leadership building high-traffic consumer products on multiple platforms
• 3 years working with digital video players and encoding
• 5 years experience writing technical requirements and leading technical solution sessions
• 5 years experience in the technology domain as a Technical Product Manager, Developer, DevOps Engineer, QA Lead, or other technical leader role
• Strong expertise in full digital video stack – video players, encoding (HLS, CMAF), packaging, CDN delivery, DRM solutions, and AWS cloud services (MediaLive, MediaConvert, MediaPackage)
• Strong knowledge of ad insertion (DAI/SSAI/CSAI), SCTE-35 protocol, and VAST/VPAID standards
• Experience working with video on multiple platforms – web browsers, mobile apps, and connected devices (Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku, PlayStation, Xbox, smart TVs, etc.)
• Takes full ownership of complex projects spanning across products, teams, and disciplines
• Strategic thinker on best paths forward, while rolling up sleeves to get things done
• Manages time effectively in a fast-paced environment with little management oversight
• Ability to work in a dynamic, nimble environment which can pivot rapidly per changing needs
• Ability to articulate product features through artifacts – user stories, requirements docs, workflow diagrams, API/SDK specs, etc.
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies for iterative development
• Clear and effective communicator with technical and non-technical audiences
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.