WarnerMediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/30/2021 11:56:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Technical Lead jobs in New York-NY
Search all Technical Lead postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Lead?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia seeks a Technical Lead for the MSC - Media Software Engineer department.The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at WarnerMedia enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to all WarnerMedia affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
WarnerMedia is looking for a hands-on Technical Lead with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. The successful candidate will work closely with product/project managers, users, development staff, and senior leadership to lead design, develop and deploy encoding and content distribution solutions.
• Lead a team of developers to effectively implement solutions and deliver production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable
• Overall responsibility for design, code quality, and deployment
• Partner with internal and external teams to understand business and technical requirements to document technical specifications and articulate these to the development team
• Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
• Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience
• 8 years of experience as a software engineer with a strong knowledge of Java or Node.js.
• Additional languages Python, GOLang, C#, Rust or equivalent a plus
• Expertise in Oracle or similar RDMS and ORM technologies such as hibernate/JPA
• Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and business team members
• Expertise in designing and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS using ECS, Lambda, and SNS/SQS
• Expertise in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures
• Hands-on experience with a UI framework such as Angular or React.js
• Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Couch, DynamoDB
• Media background with encoding engines a plus
• Deep knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
• Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools such as Jenkins and Git
• Experience with caching strategies and implementation (Redis, MemCache, etc)
• Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform or rkt
• Experience with DevOps tools like TeamCity, CircleCI, Bamboo, Travis, etc
• Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
• Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Advise development team on implementations, and serve as a key decision-maker
• Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues in a distributed environment
• Experience monitoring and alerting applications using ELK, CloudWatch, and/or AppDynamics
• Ability to excel in an agile development environment and create a positive influence
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.